Cohesive Cloud – Accelerating Time to Cloud
“Moving to the cloud is so much more than just lifting and shifting.”
Business needs change on a daily basis as organizations strive to maintain their competitive edge. Biarca’s Cohesive Cloud is a holistic way to encompass technology innovation and efficient business processes to ensure optimal cloud solutions.
DevSecOps + Site Reliability Engineering
DevSecOps is at the heart and soul of every solution we build. Even though this can be a paradigm shift for IT operations, it is vital for supporting agile development processes.
Using the best of breed DevSecOps tools and practices, Biarca designs, builds and manages CI/CD pipelines, with a view to keep “good going” with principles of Site Reliability Engineering (SRE). We build cloud applications for automation and enhanced manageability.
Our areas of expertise lies in the following areas:
- Containerization (Kubernetes)
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
- Site Reliability Engineering (SRE)
- Agile Development Processes
- Automated Provisioning
- Configuration Management
Case Study: Log Processing at Hyperscale
Log aggregation and processing might seem a little boring. But not when the customer wants a Syslog-compatible solution that can collect and process logs on 200,000 servers, accessible on a network subdivided… READ MORE
Infrastructure modernization is top of mind with most organizations, since leveraging technology means an increase in revenues and efficiencies. Biarca helps clients engineer turnkey private, public, and hybrid cloud solutions. Infrastructure (deployed as code) ensures repeatability, scalability, flexibility and reliability in provisioning cloud environments.
Our Approach to Infrastructure Modernization:
Benefits of Infrastructure Modernization Include:
- Spend reduction through the use of cloud “pay as you go” services (CapEx vs. OpEx)
- Increased performance
- Increased manageability
- Increased availability
- Capacity agility
- Reduced IT Ops resource costs
A key part of an organization’s cloud journey involves migrating and optimizing existing applications to run on cloud native frameworks. Biarca’s cloud native service adoption practice brings to the table a comprehensive understanding of modern cloud native application development. This includes direct use of containers and their orchestration frameworks. Decomposition of the applications to “twelve factor” microservice aggregations (along with the use of productive coding paradigms) can help to ensure cohesive, durable cloud applications.
SECURE + COMPLIANT ENVIRONMENTS
Our Secure Cloud framework provides our clients with the confidence they need to deploy their infrastructure, applications and data to the cloud. Our team of certified security and cloud engineers work with you to assess your current state and design a cohesive security strategy.
Biarca’s Secure Cloud Framework and Solutions Include:
- IAM – Identity and access management
- Logging and monitoring processes
- Real-time alert capabilities
- Compliance readiness testing
- Enhanced automation through AI and data-driven insights
Biarca’s Secure Cloud Framework Benefits:
- Reduced risk
- Data loss prevention
- Threat detection and remediation
- Ongoing maintenance of compliance controls
Biarca’s Security + Compliance Experience:
- Layer 1-7 Network Security
- Agile SDLC security (DevSecOps)
- SPI Cloud Migration
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
- Email Security
- Systems Hardening / Blue Team
- Encryption & Key Management
- Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
- Vulnerability Scanning and Remediation
- Layer 7 Web Application Security
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (BC/DR)
- Incident Response Management
- Risk Assessments
- PCI-DSS Level 1 for Issuer-Processors or High-Volume Merchants
- AICPA SOC 2 Type I & II
- HIPAA / HITRUST for Healthcare Services Organizations
- NIST Special Publication Series 800-53
- GDPR – European General Data Protection Regulation
ALWAYS Secure (Managed Security)
Managed by Biarca Security Experts
For our clients that would prefer to outsource their ongoing security management we offer “ALWAYS Secure” – a monthly service managed by the Biarca Security Team.
DATA ANALYTICS + AI
Our approach to data projects is to deliver secure, intelligent insights in days, not months.
We work with our clients to become data-driven organizations and help them build actionable insights for corporate optimization. Analytics programs deliver high value, but are met with a variety of challenges, such as the integration of varying types and large amounts of data, real-time delivery of data, data quality and business alignment of data management. Through the use of cloud services, agile deployment solutions and advisory services, Biarca’s data team helps clients conquer these challenges and deliver actionable insights in as little as 30% of the time and at 30% of the cost of traditional data projects.
Advanced Analytics – Data Science
What use to be a maturity journey from descriptive to predictive is now all about selecting your most impactful insight and making it actionable. When applicable, we also develop Predictive Analytics based on ML algorithms and artificial intelligence (AI), which becomes a key differentiator for our clients. Our Data Science team can deliver advanced analytics while enabling self-service analytics solutions.
At-Scale Enterprise Data Warehouse – Data Engineering
80% of any data project is architecting and preparing the data for reporting. This includes data transformation and curation of the data, along with pre-processing and automation of data pipelines. Our data engineering team can help at each step of the project, while advocating core principles for modern data engineering that include:
- Increase time-to-value with architectural design patterns.
- Stop over-engineering data architectures. Take advantage of practices that align with cloud services.
- Minimize data hops.
- Do not compromise on data quality, but understand that all data does not have to be 100% perfect to be beneficial.
- Expect Agile delivery in days, not months.
- Expect strong security and site reliability as top priorities.
Machine Learning + Artificial Intelligence
Our extensive knowledge of Tensorflow allows us to integrate machine learning and AI solutions to help our clients solve their most complex business problems. We understand the foundational concepts of machine learning and the varied ML API services that are offered by our cloud partners. This allows us to operationalize resilient models that continue to learn as the business changes.
Additionally, Biarca’s Data Science team is aware of, and take part in, the ongoing discussion on AI ethics and AI bias. Our expertise allows us to be active contributors in this fast-growing, dynamic community.
Biarca offers an MVP program for clients that are just starting their cloud journey. This program provides tangible results that can then be quantified and presented to management for funding of the bigger project.
Case Study: Cloud Migration with Machine Vision
Biarca recently helped a global manufacturer migrate their manufacturing control software from one public cloud provider’s VM infrastructure to a Biarca-managed, highly-available container-oriented solution… READ MORE